Sunday, September 1, 2019

Crazy Plates the Menu

Trying to narrow down to a single menu was once again a challenge.  I had selected a recipe for spring rolls,  as I had never made them before.  (I have eaten many but never made them), once I decided this was going to be the first course the rest of the menu flowed together and I ended up with an Asian themed meal.

Just a warning in case you have never looked at the Crazy Plates cookbook,  all the names of the recipes are a play on words which makes for some quirky names on the dishes.

I started with "Jerry Springrolls" that were quick and easy to make,  The sauce is yummy - I was eating it by the spoonful!


I love wonton soup and there was recipe in Crazy Plates so a second appetizer was in order! 
"Obi Wonton Kenobi" with simple to make wontons, reviled any restaurant version, with great umani flavour without being too salty.

For the main course I chose "Pod's Pad Thai" with "Chicken on a Stick" (though I took the chicken off the stick for the picture).   The chicken required an overnight marinade before hitting the grill but the Pad Thai could be prepared in a short period of time.


Dessert reminded me of family potlucks -light, lemony and luscious these lemon squares lived up to their name "Jollygood Squares" 

Another tasty week of great finds -  these recipes will certainly be made again at my house. There are many more recipes marked to make from Crazy Plates but it is time to select next weeks cookbook from my shelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment